11 TIPS FOR LONGER LASTING HAIR COLOURS
Would you like hair colour to last longer? Read these tips for extending the life of your new look.
1. WAIT at least 48 hours to wash your hair after it’s freshly coloured. It can take a couple of days for the colour to completely set in your hair.
2. USE the shampoo and conditioner your stylist recommends. You just spent time and money and your hair. Let us help you protect it.
3. ENHANCE your colour with shampoos and conditioners that have colour pigments in them.
4. TURN DOWN your water temperature. Hot water washes your colour out faster.
5. TRY dry shampoo in place of over washing. The less you wash your hair, the longer your colour will last.
6. PROTECT your hair before blow drying, using hot tools and going in the sun.
Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil (available in store only)
7. CLEAN your hair before you come for your appointment . Product build up and natural oils can cause an uneven deposit. Please come in with hair that’s been washed in the last 48 hours.
8. AVOID chlorine. Chlorine is a bleach and it’s usually quite green. Your hair colour can not survive exposure to chlorine.
9. CUT your dry ends. Dry hair doesn’t colour or fade equally to healthy hair. To keep your colour looking even, trim those dead ends.
10. TREAT your hair with a mask once a week to keep up the strength and moisture balance. The healthier your hair is, the longer your colour will last.
11. ASK for advice. Every colour and head of hair is unique. We are here to help you achieve your hair goals. Fish Hair Salon
Blog post written by hair colourist, Yasmin Morris
Photo credit Franck lay